Company: NCI Building Systems
Posted on: July 8, 2019
2400 Yankee Rd, Middletown, OH 45044, USA, Middletown, OH, USA Req
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior
building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio
spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while
our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and
communities across North America. Our relentless focus on
excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and
R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows,
vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall
systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we
create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to
communities where people live, work and play.
The Material Handler is responsible for safely handling and staging
material for production at the paint line/ Slitter. The Material
Handler is also responsible for preparing necessary materials for
packaging of finished coils. In addition to those primary
functions, the Material Handler ensures that finished coils are
properly identified with a coil identification ticket and are
stored properly in a designated location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Operates Forklift and/or Overhead Crane properly and safely.
* Prepares materials to be used for packaging and shipping of
* Packages finished coils in a safe manner and moving those coils
to a designated location for finished goods
* Verifies that finished goods (coils) are properly identified with
an identification ticket prior to moving them to a storage area
* Verifies that finished goods (coils) are not damaged or visibly
non-conforming prior to moving them to a designated storage
* Quarantines non-conforming material (using the HFI process) and
notifying Quality Control when non-conforming conditions exist
* Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental
principles associated with the Quality and Environmental
Managements systems in place at Metal Coaters
* Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees
in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company
* Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
* Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
* Perform all duties in a safe manner
* Perform other duties as assigned
* It is the responsibility of all employees to avoid environmental
impacts including but not limited to the release of gas or toxic
vapors, solvents, paints, grease, oils and various other chemicals
into the environment.
* Caution needs to be taken to avoid spills.
* If a spill occurs Metal Coaters, (Spill Response, Log and Report
procedures) must be followed.
* In addition, all employees are responsible to recycle all
recyclable materials including but not limited to paper, plastics,
cardboard, ink cartridges, etc.
* Good housekeeping practices are essential as a preventative
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Must be able to understand metal and paint characteristics and
* Required to use power hand tools
* Required to drive a forklift
* Must be able to operate overhead cranes
* Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
* Ability to work with a diversified work force
* Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance
abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity, at-will
employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Supply Chain
* Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: NCI Building Systems, Middletown , Material Handler, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!