Master Production Scheduler
Company: PAC Worldwide
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Job Title: Master Scheduler
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Middletown, OH
Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
The Master Scheduler is responsible for developing the production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales demand forecast. The Master Scheduler is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints, using inputs from the Demand Plan will be used to develop production plans. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities
* Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times
* Responsible for providing plant monthly schedules
* Perform supply analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 6 months
* Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity
* Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis
* Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensuring high service levels, i.e. product availability
* Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis.
* Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets
* Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metrics on production performance to the requested production schedule
* Timely reporting of key metrics
* Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications.
* Other duties as assigned
* Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
* Effective communication and presentation skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
* Proficient in MS office applications (expert level preferred in Excel)
Education and/or Experience:
* BA/BS, preferred areas of study include: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Research
* 2-5 years of Master Scheduling & Inventory Control
* Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements
* Experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems
* Must be capable of speaking, reading and writing English
* Must possess advanced mathematic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The person in this position must be capable of sitting for an 8-hour period; read the computer screen and various paper documents; perform data entry on a computer keyboard; use standard office equipment such as a computer keyboard, calculator, copier, fax machine, scanner, stapler, telephone, and mail machine; and lift approximately 10 lbs. on a regular basis/50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The duties for this position are primarily performed in an office environment. Duties may also be performed in the warehouse or manufacturing areas.
EOE/AA M/F/Vet/Disabled - An equal opportunity EMPLOYER. We are a drug free workplace. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies fully with the rules, regulations and laws of Executive Order 11246 as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 38USC 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A.
Keywords: PAC Worldwide, Middletown , Master Production Scheduler, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!