Electrical Controls Specialist
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Under limited supervision, supervises and participates in the
inspection, maintenance and repair of ride control systems to
ensure efficient and safe operations at all times. Assists in the
installation, modification, upgrading and repair of ride control
systems used throughout the Park. Performs related technical and
supervisory duties as required.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive benefits
package and many unique perks.
- Supervises and participates in the inspection, maintenance and
performance of electronic/electrical repairs for Park
rides,ensuring efficient and safe operations at all times.
- Inspects and evaluates rides for proper function; detects and
investigates any electronic/electrical malfunctions
orirregularities and responds to daily trouble calls.
- Ensures rides are maintained according to the manufacturer,
Cedar Fair and State guidelines to ensure the safety of ride
operators and guests.
- Makes suggestions on improving or retrofitting existing ride
control systems when variables such as obsolescence indicate the
need for doing so.
- Supervises and coordinates retrofits of existing control
- Maintains working copy of existing control system software and
keeps up to date with newer versions.
- Coordinates and performs annual preventative maintenance of
ride control systems.
- Assists in other areas where control expertise is required,
such as energy management lighting systems.
- Prepares and/or processes numerous maintenance records, shift
reports, pruchase orders, modification forms, estimates, contract
agreements, schedules, etc.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.Ability to perform these operations
using units of money and weight measurement, volume, and
- Ability to speak, write, read and understand English at a level
sufficient to take guest orders; conduct a variety of sales
transactions; complete a variety of simple forms; respond to guest
special requests; and answer specific questions regarding products
- Ability to use spreadsheet and database computer systems.
AutoCAD training pereferred, but not required.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of PLC's, motor drives and
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, Middletown , Electrical Controls Specialist, Professions , Mason, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!