Safety Specialist - Heavy Highway and Industrial Construction
Company: Kokosing, Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Openings > > Safety Specialist - Heavy Highway and
Industrial ConstructionSafety Specialist - Heavy Highway and
Industrial ConstructionSummaryTitle:Safety Specialist - Heavy
Highway and Industrial ConstructionID:1121Location:Middletown,
OHCompany:Kokosing Construction CompanyMore about this job >
Responsible for providing field support services and assisting
managers, supervisors and team members with the implementation of
specific Company and Client Safety and Health policies and
procedures. Regulatory compliance, and continual improvement of the
overall performance of the Company in a manner that is consistent
with the Company's Core Values.
- Typical project types include: Primarily Heavy Highway (bridge,
roadway) and heavy civil/Industrial construction projects but could
also include Wastewater treatment plants, water treatment
facilities, electrical transmission projects, underground
utilities, concrete foundations/walls/tanks, site prep work,
Industrial/production facilities, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Company Safety and Health
Program at various project locations in the Louisville region and
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for reducing
and eliminating injuries, illness and other incidents in a manner
that effectively ensures the attainment of business unit targets
- Provide training and education to Company personnel regarding
safety and health requirements.
- Support pre-job safety planning meetings to plan for potential
hazards and problems prior to start of job, and develop emergency
response plans for projects. Develop work safety and health plans
on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiate, coordinate and lead safety meetings and training
programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy
- Independently initiate, perform and document safety and health
audits, evaluations, inspections and/or behavioral observations
throughout the Company's operations and communicate and facilitate
the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist in the investigation of injury, illness and general
- Develop and issue regular safety and health correspondence.
- Provide updated information to team members regarding updates
to company or regulatory requirement changes.
- Self-identify team members that need assistance, training, or
support meeting the Company safety and health requirements.
- Coordinate project safety programs with subcontractors, vendors
and third-party personnel to ensure adherence to Company safety
policies and procedures.
- Serve as a point of contact for any federal, state or municipal
safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including but
not limited to OSHA, when the Company Safety Manager is not
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Safety and Health or equivalent combinations
of technical training and experience.
- Targeting 3-6+ years of experience with safety and health in
the construction industry is preferred, with experience in the
aforementioned project types (Bullet point #2 from above) a strong
- However, all experience levels will be considered with
corresponding changes to the role (i.e. title,
responsibilities/deliverables) to align with the career trajectory
of the candidate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations as well as other
state/federal safety regulations and company safety
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal
skills. Ability to communicate and interface effectively with
company and private client representatives.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to independently
- Ability to think independently, communicate thoroughly and
influence the implementation of the appropriate corrective and
- Ability to work in high production environment (50+ hours/week,
including nights and weekends) and respond quickly and effectively
under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate
company programs/policies as they relate to the safety of our
- Ability to positively interact and influence front line
supervisors and field personnel to create a safe work
Certificates Licenses and Registrations:
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred.
- OSHA 30-Hour and 10-Hour Trainer certification preferred.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off
and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action
federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected class.
Apply Now Refer to a Friend
Keywords: Kokosing, Inc., Middletown , Safety Specialist - Heavy Highway and Industrial Construction, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!