HVAC Project Sales Engineer
Company: Air Force One
Posted on: June 21, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Project Sales Engineer is responsible for
designing and selling replacement, upgrade, retrofit, design build
and bid projects to higher education clients. The Representative
will be expected to follow up on all opportunities found or
presented, meet with the customer to determine customer
expectations, survey the facility, develop solutions, estimate the
costs associated with providing the solution, propose the solution
to the customer, close the business and turnover installation of
the project to operations all within Air Force One pricing and
production standards.QUALIFICATIONS:Must have excellent
communication skills; have the ability to persuade and close sales.
Bachelor's Degree in a sales and marketing, mechanical engineering,
or related with 5 years of experience or a combination of both.
HVAC knowledge is required. Valid driver's license and clean
driving record and background check. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Acquire and sell mechanical projects through replacement,
upgrade, retrofit, design build and bid projects to Air Force One
- Design and/or engineer project opportunities and communicate
ideas with client.
- Provide replacement, upgrade, or retrofit recommendations on
- Able to read blueprints as needed.
- Sell all work at or above booked Gross Margin levels
- Understands how various mechanical systems, components and
their control systems work.
- Estimate the cost of all replacement, upgrade and retrofit
- Present a professional proposal to the Customer for
replacement, upgrade and retrofit Project recommendations and close
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all
fellow employees, prospects, customers, and vendors and always
represents Air Force One and yourself in a very positive and
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of Air Force One's
- Partner with internal departments to communication customer
- Work closely with AFO vendors for mechanical ideas and
- Business development requirements to find and sell new
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
- Attend sales meetings and outings as directed by the VP of
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related
activities, using the company's CRM software.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses and correspondence
in an accurate and timely manner.
- Position Requires Travel as related to Clients, training or
Management Meetings at other Air Force One Offices
- Ability to climb ladders and get on roofs as required.
- Performs other duties as required.REQUIRED POSITION KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for
showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes
marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales
techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for
services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Engineering and Design - applicable mechanical knowledge of
system in order to design or provide engineering assistance on
retrofit or new project work.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneDESIRED COMPUTER / SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE:
- Microsoft Word (Advanced)
- Microsoft Excel (Beginner - Intermediate)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Beginner - Intermediate)
- Microsoft Outlook
- CRM software (Connect)
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Be comfortable working from heights.WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT
US:Great Company Culture: Awarded 2021 Top Workplace by Columbus
CEO Magazine, Forbes America's Best Small Companies, Commercial
HVAC Contractor of the YearWork-Life Balance: Paid Time Off, 7 paid
holidays, and 3 paid days per year to volunteer at a non-profit of
your choice!Health Benefits: 8 medical plan options (including 3
free ones!), dental, vision, and wellness incentives! Company-paid
short-term & long-term disability and life insurance.Prepare for
the Future: 401(k) with generous company match
Keywords: Air Force One, Middletown , HVAC Project Sales Engineer, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!