Company: MRINetwork Jobs
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Mechatronics / Electro-Mechanical -
Technologists primary responsibilities will include but will not be
limited to working with maintenance personnel to optimize
operations, install, maintain, and repair automated machinery and
computer-controlled mechanical systems in industrial settings. They
also test, operate, or maintain robotic equipment at worksites.
Installing new equipment in an efficient, accurate and safe manner,
design and coordinate building of manufacturing equipment and
controls, utilize outside contractors when necessary and identify
areas for upgrades and recommend improvements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assign tasks, supervise, instruct and assist maintenance
personnel working on projects and repairs.
- Follow the established Standard Operating Procedures and give
input for the documentation of procedures as they develop. Actively
create Process Work instructions to establish operating
- Focus time on continuous improvements on all aspects of
operations. Target improvements in regards to uptime, speed, scrap,
and setup to maximize efficiency.
- Assist management team in identifying and improving areas which
- Provide suggestions and justification for capital
- Involve Maintenance Manager in decision-making process on all
issues, which affect the entire plant, are precedent setting and/or
are vital to the success of the operation.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager on projects and
communicate time availability and other constraints.
- Meet with supplier representatives when necessary.
- Identify parts needed for repairs and projects for continual
improvement and have spare parts for critical repairs.
- Utilize procurement for pricing and to order parts and supplies
to keep plant operating in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Promptly respond to equipment and process needs of
- Write/Modify/Maintain PLC programs as necessary.
- Monitor and continuously reduce energy usage.
- Identify areas of electronic obsolescence and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Stay current with new controls related products.
- Assist and back-up the Maintenance Manager
- Maintain a global view of Middletown Tube Works and how
maintenance and production impacts our success.
- Keep in compliance, Safety, OSHA and EPA, bringing any
compliance violations or concerns to the attention of the Plant
- Oversees all maintenance aspects.
- A good understanding of 480-volt systems and all electrical
high voltage and troubleshooting controls.
- Must be able to read, create, modify and maintain blueprints
and technical diagrams current.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot AC and DC drives.
- Familiar with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping is adhered to.
- Ensure maintenance production hours are used efficiently.
- Interview potential employees.
- Train employees on all applicable procedures and other methods
to ensure that the knowledge level of employees is sufficient to
- Train employees on job assignments and safety, as needed.
- Maintain compliance with Middletown Tube Works ISO 9001 Quality
- Enforce the USWA Union Contract and Company work rules.
- Establish workplace safety as a main goal throughout
- Work proficiently in the Microsoft Office Business Suite and
Plex (ERP Systems)
- All other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years on the job experience working with PLC
Programming and Electrical High Voltage (480)
- A minimum of an Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or
Manufacturing Engineering or 2 years previous experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information to, and respond to
questions from management
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to calculate amounts of percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret and provide a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- OSHA Compliance, ISO and courses/seminars that pertain to
maintenance Physical Demands: *The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to sit
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and
stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes resulting from the manufacturing
plant and outside weather conditions, as necessitated by job
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud due to
the manufacturing plant environment as well*NOTE: All exposures
listed above are normal of those which are associated with a
Manufacturing plant environment. 1st Class Benefits & Perks!
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and
- Highly competitive compensation with bonus and profit sharing
- Company Paid Educational & Training offered
- Christmas bonus!
- Company paid Steel Toed Boot and Rx Safety Glass
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events & Initiatives
- Growth opportunities with a great family owned and operated
Keywords: MRINetwork Jobs, Middletown , Electromechanical Technician, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!