Company: Pilot Chemical Company
Posted on: January 9, 2021
CHEMICAL OPERATOR - MIDDLETOWN PLANT
Pilot Chemical Company is a privately owned and independent global
specialty chemical company providing high quality products and
services to the disinfecting, sanitizing and cleaning; metalworking
and lubricants; oil field and emulsion polymerization industries.
Its proprietary core technologies involve alkylation, sulfonation,
sulfation and a number of other specialty operations, including the
production of biocidal quats, tertiary amine derivatives and
organometallic fuel additives. Pilot, an industry leader in
chemical innovation and safety, owns the most state-of-the-art
continuous sulfation process in North America, is a leader in
quaternary ammonium compounds, and is the world s largest
manufacturer of disulfonates. Pilot is certified under the American
Chemistry Council s Responsible Care program. Pilot Chemical
Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Chemical Operators are responsible for safely and efficiently
operating processes, batch processes, and material handling that
includes loading/unloading of trucks and rail cars, and packaging
of drums and totes.
- Performing routine operation of basic control systems and
devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates
and transfer of products.
- Lift hoses, bolt flanges and operate valves and similar
equipment including the proper clearing and isolation of
- Report any safety issues immediately to supervisor and if
necessary, take appropriate action needed, including system
shutdown, if unsafe work practice is witnessed to prevent injury or
- Control, monitor and make necessary adjustments on control
systems and manually operated equipment.
- Troubleshoot process, product quality, safety, and
environmental problems and identify equipment requiring
- Ensure safe and efficient performance of production and project
work following standard operating procedures and work
- Act as a resource for other Operators and/or Maintenance
Mechanics on job tasks and prioritization of work
- Ensure quality control by performing testing on products and
sampling when required.
- Take ownership for the accurate completion of all assigned
- Accountable for completing all in process reports and documents
associated with job tasks responsibilities accurately and
completely during shift operations.
- Operators must review with the next shift operator the status
of all in-process operations. Information must be accurately and
clearly communicated to ensure continued operation of the plant and
to produce quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operators are responsible to see that the security of the plant
is maintained throughout their shift.
- Complete all duties as assigned with a high degree of
dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care
Management System including the establishment of policies and
procedures, assigning responsibilities and tracking progress.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good math and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong work ethic. Independently motivated to produce
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time
- Ability to work in an empowered team environment, including the
ability to effectively communicate, share information, resolve
issues, give and receive both positive and negative feedback in a
respectful and professional manner.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, starting on night
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb
ladders, negotiate catwalks, handle heights to 50 feet, etc.), to
lift twist and turn up to 50 lb. (i.e. open and close large valves,
inspect equipment, and don emergency equipment as needed.
- Due to safety sensitive nature of job, must pass regular &
routine chemical dependency testing, annual respirator fit testing,
and annual physical as required for certain tasks.
- Prior chemical experience preferred.
- Fork truck driver experience preferred.
Pilot Chemical is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and
seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures,
perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. All
employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business
Join our growing team!
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Pilot Chemical Company, Middletown , Chemical Operator, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!