Company: Matheson Tri-Gas
Posted on: January 16, 2020
**$5,000.00 RETENTION BONUS**
Primary customers are hospitals, commercial food processors, and
various government agencies. Job requires long hours while
remaining DOT compliant. Set schedule, with 2 consecutive days off.
Night shifts, weekends, holidays, and extended-stays as needed. The
position is primarily local, but candidates must be able to adjust
to changes in schedules as needs arise. Under the supervision of
the local Terminal Manager the Bulk Driver position is responsible
for the safe and efficient movement of commercial motor vehicles
owned and/or operated by Matheson Tri-Gas. Ultimately responsible
for the safe and efficient handling of liquefied Oxygen, Nitrogen,
and Argon gases to Matheson Tri-Gas customer locations and
production facilities as assigned. This position reports to the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Safe loading and unloading of cryogenic liquids (oxygen, nitrogen
* Practice safe driving techniques on a daily basis while operating
Matheson Tri-Gas vehicles to prevent of work-related accidents and
* Reporting of all accidents and unsafe acts/conditions (near
misses) while performing normal duties.
* Comply with all company and customer safety policies and
procedures as well as company employment policies and practices.
Understand all company standard operating procedures, departmental
work instructions, and local work instructions that affect the
performance of their duties.
* Completion and submission of all required regulatory compliance
and company documents in accordance with company policies and
* Responsible for accurate and timely communication to appropriate
individuals and/or departments concerning matters involving
customer service, scheduling delays, customer site discrepancies,
equipment defects and other relevant issues to the operations in
general. Develop a good working knowledge of the Xatanet
communication system and the fleet advisor software program
* Must obtain and understand scheduling information from
dispatchers and planners and adhere to schedule instructions.
Communicate scheduling delays and/or unforeseen circumstances that
could have an adverse impact on terminal operations.
* Maintain a professional appearance and consistently demonstrate
professional standards when performing duties. Develop good working
relationships with all Matheson Tri-Gas Customers and maintain
these relationships on a consistent basis.
* Must report for duty in a readiness to work at assigned time.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the
laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Applicants must have a minimum of two years, tractor and
semi-trailer experience and the ability to provide verification of
* Class A driver hauling 48 Maintain a qualified CDL license to
operate a tractor and semi-trailer with hazardous materials,
tanker, and air brake endorsements.
* Possess a valid CDL to operate a tractor and semi-trailer with
Hazardous Materials, Tanker and Air Brake endorsements. Have a
minimum of three years, tractor and semi-trailer experience and the
ability to provide verification of experience.
* Have a past history of a safe driving record.
* Ability to demonstrate competence in the handling of a commercial
motor vehicle and its associated equipment during the
pre-employment road test.
* Ability to drive manual transmission.
* Ability to work a five-day schedule per Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Regulations hours of service rules.
* Able to maintain physical qualifications as required by Federal
Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
* Able to stand, lift, and stoop as duties required in accordance
with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations driver vehicle
inspections and product loading and unloading procedures.
* Able to work a flexible schedule to include: nights, weekends,
holidays, extended-stays, and team operation as needed.
* Able to adjust to changes in schedules as needs arise.
* Ability to understand and a willingness to work within all
guidelines and requirements of the Federal Motor Safety
* Able to operate delivery and loading equipment in all types of
* Must have the ability to acquire acceptable competency in safe
handling practices of cryogenic liquids (loading, transport, and
Keywords: Matheson Tri-Gas, Middletown , Bulk Driver, Professions , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!