Company: PAC Worldwide
Posted on: February 1, 2019
* Responsible for coordinating, planning and purchasing all outsourced Finished Goods in a cost-effective manner. The position will require daily interaction with all levels of management to ensure availability of product schedule for shipments as well as longer term planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Run and review planning document/ERP, update inputs and demand as needed
* Responsible for ordering Finished Goods based on estimated demand planning and Safety Stock levels to ensure appropriate inventory levels
* Create and maintain FG s safety stock levels with assistance from Commodity Manager and Global Planning Manager
* Monitors and manages customers supply agreements to ensure adequate supply with support of Customer Service
* Responsible for issuing and tracking Purchase orders for FGs in ERP System
* Work with all PAC facilities to accommodate and manage inventory needs for common items
* Update purchasing report and communicate any late FG orders with Customer Service
* Provide primary management of all vendors to ensure that they supply quality products on time. Manages and implements/improves systems and procedures related to procurement and purchasing
* Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
* Must have excellent communication, planning and organizational skills, with the ability to independently manage a heavy workload
* Broad knowledge of loading and shipping procedures, production schedules, plant products, inventory control and some reading of shop drawings
* Must have the judgment and experience to identify and evaluate cost and progress trends
* Receives input and coordination of information from various parties, and prepares and presents such information for management review
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as persistence in seeking out required information
Education and/or Experience:
* Must have 2-5 years of buying experience
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* High School education required
* Must be capable of speaking, reading, and writing English with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
* Must be capable of formatting calculations with the use of Visual and Excel.
* Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use these skills in support of the material planning function.
* Must be computer literate and efficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs required
* Must be capable of using ERP systems
* Expert level Excel skills preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires standing and walking in a warehouse environment. Must be capable of operating standard office equipment such as a computer, copier, mail machine, printer, fax, stapler, and other various pieces of office equipment. Must be capable of lifting 10 lbs on an infrequent basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Employee will be working in an office and warehouse environment in order to perform the essentials functions of the job.
EOE/AA M/F/Vet/Disabled - An equal opportunity EMPLOYER. We are a drug free workplace. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies fully with the rules, regulations and laws of Executive Order 11246 as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 38USC 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A.
Keywords: PAC Worldwide, Middletown , Buyer/Planner, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!