Specialist, Quality Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description: Specialist, Quality Engineering
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio,
designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic,
avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and
electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial
markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical
technologies that enable systems to support surveillance,
reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our
world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars
Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and
engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt,
communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical
systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every
other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and
diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and
inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop
professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee
Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by
our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer
opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, "Ohio's Largest Playground."
Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf
Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from
downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including
The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the
home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the
Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
As a Quality Engineer you will contribute to the ultimate success
of the team and the business. In this role you will engage in
data-driven improvement and sustainment initiatives. Additionally,
you will design, write, implement, evaluate, and revise quality
assurance procedures, statistical sampling techniques, quality
plans, inspection and testing techniques and specifications. The
Quality Engineer will also work both independently and along team
members to provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range
of electrical, electro-optical, mechanical and technical problems.
Successful candidates will have experience utilizing Lean Green
Belt techniques and various other quality engineering tools.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- Implement, interpret, and utilize metrics toward process
- Generate and deploy Green Belt tools, to act as indicators of
quality of items produced and health of the process.
- Analyze metrics and indicators to determine opportunities for
improvement and early detection and resolution of
- As part of the program team, effectively work as a cost account
manager for the quality engineering elements of the program work
- Interpret and flow down customer quality requirements to
programs, engineering, manufacturing, and inspection via Program
Quality Requirements (PQR).
- Interface effectively and successfully with customers to
discuss and negotiate quality requirements and
- Display undertsnding of risk and risk management as an
essential part of the quality engineering work scope.
- Utilize sense of urgency to act to prevent or correct problems
with products and post-delivery defects.
- Assist in process improvement and process problem solutions on
the factory floor.
- Perform quality engineering functions for specific phases of
projects and programs to develop plans, flow charts, inspection
methods, procedures and standards, including FAI, detailed
instructions, check lists, sampling plans, classification of
defects, etc. to assure all products, data, or services meet
specified quality requirements.
- Review Engineering and Manufacturing information on new and
revised designs, specifications, bills of materials; production,
tool, and test equipment drawings; production and tool plans;
operations and routing sheets: production, storage and shipping
methods, and to assure that products meet customers'
- Provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of
technical problems utilizing electrical, mechanical, and optical
- Effectively interface and collaborate with Supplier Quality
Engineering in customer flow-down and to solve vendor quality
- Apply effective interpretation and application of Quality
Standards, such as AS9100, IS0-9001, J-Stds, etc.
- Act as an advisor in all phases of statistical quality control
and Green Belt techniques.
- Lead teams and perform investigations to drive CAPA for
nonconformance, as well as actively participate in material
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert (SME) on program and
- Perform Quality related training for employees.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of
prior related experience.
- 2 years experience in AS9100.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance requiring valid US
citizenship contingent on Program assignment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical
drawings of complex nature.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools such as 8D, Six Sigma,
Value Stream Mapping, and CAPA.
- Experience with aerospace or defense manufacturing.
- A working familiarity of ISO9001, J-STD Workmanship, ANSI
J-Standards (Class 3) and IPC Workmanship Standards (Class 3) and
- Familiarity with CMMI Level 3.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certificate.
- Electrical, mechanical engineering and electro-optical
- Lean manufacturing and Green Belt certification.
- Familiarity with complex mechanical inspection and geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Middletown , Specialist, Quality Engineering, Other , Mason, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!