Specialist, Electrical Engineering - Reliability Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description: Specialist, Electrical Engineering
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio,
designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic,
avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and
electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial
markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical
technologies that enable systems to support surveillance,
reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our
world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars
Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and
engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt,
communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical
systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every
other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and
diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and
inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop
professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee
Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by
our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer
opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, "Ohio's Largest Playground."
Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf
Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from
downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including
The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the
home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the
Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer
Currently seeking a motivated reliability engineer to contribute to
the success of the Specialty Engineering department. Primary
responsibilities include supporting various programs within Space
and Sensors. Typical tasks included performance of Reliability
Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), and
documentation required to ensure the product will meet the defined
program requirements. While this position will have no direct
reports, the engineer may oversee activities of technicians and
other engineers for specific tasks.
- Perform reliability prediction calculations (e.g. MTBF) for L-3
CE's electronic and electromechanical systems, and prepare System
Reliability Analysis Reports for submission to customers.
- Perform Design Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analyses
(DFMECA) for the company's wide range of products, including
executing Fault Tree Analyses (FTA) and creating appropriate
- Perform inspections of electrical components and direct failure
analyses to identify root cause.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and
influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Use software reliability tools to identify failure modes and
probability of occurrence.
- Deliver presentations to communicate design reliability and
status to internal and external customers.
- Provide feedback to the design team related to tradeoffs and
issues regarding reliability
- Support part selection for product design efforts to ensure
reliability and obsolescence analyses.
- Participate in the development of Reliability & Maintainability
(R&M) plans and related analyses.
- Prepare estimates for manpower, schedules and other resources
needed to complete projects.
- Adhere to budget and schedule commitments.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and
training/mentoring to lower level engineers
- Knowledge of radiation effects and impact to reliability
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of
prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-217 and/or MIL-HDBK 1629A
- Knowledge of R&M Modeling software (i.e, Windchill,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary
as the position requires program, customer, and suppler
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal
supervision and act independently as well as possess the ability to
work in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, &
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent people skills, with experience working and
collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Experience with Reliability Analysis tools such as Windchill
(Relex) failure rate prediction software
- Experience to facilitate and document Design Failure Modes,
Effects and Criticality Analysis (DFMECA), establish Environmental
Stress Screening (ESS) procedures, and perform Highly Accelerated
Life Testing (HALT)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited
to PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrates willingness to engage in continuous learning to
advance in career
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Middletown , Specialist, Electrical Engineering - Reliability Engineer, Other , Maineville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!