Activities Assistant - Full Time
Company: Spring Hills Middletown
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Spring Hills Middletown - Position Summary: Assists the Director
of Activities in designing, creating, initiating and coordinating a
wide variety of multi-level, age-appropriate recreational and
educational activities for the residents of the community. Reports
to the Director of Activities.
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community's call-off
- Implement programs of individual and group activities based on
- Complete the activity component of the resident assessment
within 14 days of admission and review and update the program as
necessary but at least quarterly.
- Use the resident assessment protocols (RAPs) to determine
whether to proceed to care planning for concerns related to a
- Gather data and document required ancillary assessments
including but not limited to resident assessment protocol summary
- Identify and document in the resident's care plan, the activity
interests, needs and concerns of the resident. - Care plans will be
reviewed and updated as necessary but at least quarterly.
- Document all interaction with resident and/or family in the
assessment, care plan and progress notes as required by federal and
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team
and attend all resident care conferences.
- Plan and implement Reality Orientation programs when
- Plan and conduct activity programs to assist residents to
return to the community.
- Plan and conduct Residents' Council meetings.
- Plan and implement evening and weekend functions as
- Take part in in-service education programs and attend all
in-service sessions relating to the Activity Program.
- Schedule and supervise volunteers.
- Implement community events related to residents'
- Supervise barber and beauty parlor activities.
- Schedule and implement room visits and in-room activities for
residents unable to leave their rooms.
- Schedule and implement indoor and outdoor activity
- Maintain an activity attendance record for each
- Maintain an adequate supply of materials to implement activity
- Observe infection control procedures related to the Activity
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents'
representatives, facility staff, physicians and ancillary service
- Protect the confidentiality and security of all resident and
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward
residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hill PASL,
- Performs other duties as assigned
An Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school; or six months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience
Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger,
handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3),
climb and balance (over 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear
(Over 2/3), taste or smell (Over 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds
(over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3-2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under
Keywords: Spring Hills Middletown, Middletown , Activities Assistant - Full Time, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!