Radiology Technologist Surgery ($5000 sign on bonus)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside
passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare.
Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation,
according to the U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic,
you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers,
receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding
career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in
the world. As a Radiology Technologist in Surgery, you will perform
Radiology exams and Fluoroscopic procedures on patients of all
ages. Maintains patients' safety. Caregivers in this position will
produce imaging for interpretation, assist with scheduling patient
procedures, and ensure patients comfort and safety during and after
the exam. Ideal candidates for this position must be a Registered
Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), Have knowledge of anatomy and
pathologic processes, and have strong communication skills to
provide excellent patient-centered care. Cleveland Clinic provides
what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to
our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working
for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join
us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the
support to get there go hand-in-hand. Responsibilities:
- Performs ED/surgical procedures (trauma cases, fluoroscopic
exams to include vascular, general medicine, ortho, cardiac, GI,
GU, neuro, pediatrics, and general procedures).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with
accuracy and without delay.
- Performs procedures in a sterile environment and maintains
patient safety at all times.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients and
families on procedures as needed.
- Assist in scheduling patients. Monitors and determines priority
- Ensures patients' safety and comfort during and after the
- Demonstrates the care and operation of Radiography equipment
according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologists, physicians and surgeons with
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting, and
printing images via PACS.
- When applicable, knowledge in after hours transmission of
images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to the help desk and PACS
- Knowledgeable in billing via RIS.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all
technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address
- Provides instruction/mentoring to new hires and Radiology
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and
skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and
participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- May be required to rotate through all diagnostic imaging
modalities and locations.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Complexity of
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to
coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent
care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well in minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist is preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily. Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Middletown , Radiology Technologist Surgery ($5000 sign on bonus), Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!