Company: Primary Health Solutions
Posted on: November 16, 2022
SUMMARY:A full time, non-exempt position responsible for the direct
provision of oral hygiene and appropriatepreventive services to
dental patients of the center. The Registered Dental Hygienist will
alsobe responsible for providing appropriate oral health
information to individuals and groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon
accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the
patient's dental record so that the dental record accurately and
completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the
patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual
counseling for all center dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental
prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application
consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and
in compliance with applicable state law and the center's clinical
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with
other heal care professionals involved in the patient's health care
- Organizes and performs preventive oral health presentations at
on-site and off-site locations.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health
education in the community as requested.
- Participates in the QI program of the Dental Department of the
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a
dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as
Dental Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in
compliance with Dental Department directive and policies as well as
center policies and procedures relative to infection control,
exposure control and safety issues.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of
the center as appropriate and time permits.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directive and center policy as well as state federal
- Complies in full with the center's Exposure Control Plan.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or
necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable
federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and
procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the
clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those
relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place
safety, public health and confidentiality.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:No direct reports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Graduation from an accredited school of
dental hygiene.Ability to establish and maintain effective
professional relationships with fellow healthcareproviders. Ability
to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required. FTCA coverage
or privateprofessional malpractice insurance obtainable.
OTHER SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:Requires a comprehensive
knowledge of oral hygiene care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of
the principles and practice of modern oral hygiene and periodontal
patient care is necessary. The Registered Dental Hygienist must be
cognizant of the public health, social and economic factors which
impact on the overall health, and more specifically the oral health
of theirpatients. The Registered Dental Hygienist must be able to
creatively work with other healthcare professionals from a variety
of disciplines to achieve maximal program effectiveness and patient
benefit. The ability to creatively solve problems through
individual and/or programmatic action is an important part of this
Keywords: Primary Health Solutions, Middletown , Dental Hygienist, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!