Tool Die and Gage Maker - 1st Shift (Onsite)
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: May 12, 2022
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it.
So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We've introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment. *Please consider the following role type
definitions as you apply for this role.
* Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work
primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance
workers, as they are essential to the development of our
* Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work
regularly both onsite and offsite.
* Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work
primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tightknit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
Are you ready to go beyond?
* Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently
working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will
learn more about role type and current site status throughout the
Plan and perform the fabrication work necessary to conceive,
develop, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of tools, dies
and gages. Work on special assignments to investigate and eliminate
unusual or ongoing problems which require independent action to
resolve production problems, design complications and to develop
* Under general direction of supervisor, interpret broad
instructions and drawings to plan and layout material requirements.
Determine sequence of project phases; prepare control tapes in
appropriate machine language. Estimate jobs, and other required
support services to meet changing schedules priorities. Follow-up
to verify project is completed on time and meets required
* Perform installations, maintenance and repair work on tooling.
Carry out preventive maintenance and services as required.
* Instruct others in job requirements, care, use and maintenance of
tools and equipment and safe work practices.
* Develop unique ways to more effectively utilize tools and
equipment, to resolve ongoing or unusual problems that cause
production bottle-necks. Monitor and service equipment to ensure
* Work on special assignments with supervisor, engineer, vendor, or
their trade groups and customers to review proposals to review and
prepare for new tooling or equipment installations. Commend
services requirements and check out operations to specification
* Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope
and skill level of this job-description. Assist other trades
working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the
opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of
* Refer difficulties to Leader/Supervisor.
* May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses,
operator permits and certifications within trade
* Broad knowledge and 5+ years of experience of Tool making
including machining methods, shop metallurgy and plating.
* Be able to work from complicated drawings and sketches and make
calculations involving advanced shop math including geometry.
* Use a variety of precision instruments & equipment.
* Experience equivalent to a 4 year Apprenticeship in Tool, Die and
* HS Diploma or GED
* US Citizenship due to government contracts
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Middletown , Tool Die and Gage Maker - 1st Shift (Onsite), Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!