Quality Engineer II Middletown OH
Company: Magellan Aerospace
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Position SummaryMagellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting
opportunity for a Quality Engineer II.This is a full-time salaried
role where the successful candidate will be expected determine,
plan, disseminate and control quality requirements in accordance
with applicable procedures and specifications. This position will
be responsible for mentoring and collaborating with others in the
quality department while utilizing excellent leadership skills and
technical abilities.Essential Responsibilities
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers in process, tool and
- Develop, document, and maintain methods and planning for
inspection, testing and evaluation from First Article through
production, repair and spares activity.
- Devise sampling plans when applicable.
- Assist in the maintenance of programs associated with 6S
initiatives, Nadcap, AS9100, ISO 14001, etc.
- Review design development drawings for inspectability and
assist in design for manufacturability.
- Review process flow, product quality control plans and FMEA to
extract critical control points.
- Demonstrate experience in utilizing tools such as Advanced
Product Quality Planning (APQP), characteristics matrices, process
flow diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), Control
Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Statistical Process
Control (SPC) and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Review product non-conformances for severity, reviewing
disposition, corrective action, and rework/repair.
- Ensure corrective actions have been implemented to prevent
- Conduct trainings, prepare quality work instructions and write
training manuals when required.
- Facilitate data collection through form creation or other
- Compile, tabulate, and summarize inspection data for
- Analyze inspection data to perform investigations and
facilitate process improvement.
- Assist with the application and monitoring of established
inspection procedures and methods.
- Review action of the change control unit as it affects quality
- Assure all engineering, document, and specification changes are
released and implemented per requirements.
- Conduct internal audits as assigned by the Audit
- Enforce the Magellan Supplier Quality Requirements Manual.
- Work to rectify any program level issues within the supplier
- Understand the advanced operation of all inspection equipment
utilized on the shop floor.
- Provide the expertise for the preparation and assessment of
documentation relative to the processes encountered during the
manufacturing, inspection, and test phases of programs and other
- Demonstrate ability to lead without formal tasking and lead
solutions to difficult and sensitive problems within the
- Position RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, requires
good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You are eligible for ITAR and Controlled Goods Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a technical field, such as
chemical, electrical, aeronautical or mechanical engineering from
four-year college or university; with three years diversified
experience in an engineering curriculum in quality inspection,
quality planning and related functions equivalent combination of
education and experience.Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted
facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party,
offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department
outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and
entertainmentAbout UsMagellan Aerospace is a global, integrated
aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems
solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defense and space
agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name
"Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the
intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the
turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the
company's vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future
of the aerospace industry. At Magellan we have over 80 years of
collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and
believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest
resource in working towards a successful future, and together we
build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal
development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and
every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so
we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression
opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the
team!ConfidentialityMagellan Aerospace respects the privacy and
confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and
shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated. Thank
you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is
intended to provide the reader with information and is not a
contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject
Keywords: Magellan Aerospace, Middletown , Quality Engineer II Middletown OH, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!