Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for an
Operations Supervisor at our Middletown facility. The Operations
Supervisor coordinates the Safety and Quality activities and
oversees production of a production line in accordance with safety,
material quality and production standards. The ideal candidate will
be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with
complex operations.Primary Responsibilities:
- This position supervises approximately fifteen (15) hourly
bargaining unit personnel per turn and instructs these personnel in
job requirements and enforces conformance with both company and
- Responsible for administering daily toolbox and monthly safety
meetings for the hourly incumbents.
- Makes decisions which affect internal loss, retreats, internal
and external customer quality, production and yield.
- Resolves problems created by breakdowns, schedule changes,
metallurgical procedure changes, etc.
- Makes decisions regarding the allocation of resources necessary
to solve a given production problem.
- Counsels and evaluates the work performance of the hourly
bargaining unit personnel.
- Controls on-turn operation by coordinating the activities of
the hourly bargaining unit.
- Advises Manager of safety, quality, housekeeping and production
problems. Resolves problems from knowledge gained and coordinate
with the Department Manager.
- Collaborates with Operating Personnel, Maintenance,
Manufacturing Planning and Staff Departments to assure the
- Compiles turn reports measuring operating production, delays in
production, hours worked by employees and employee
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Additional education is
- At least 3 years of previous supervisory experience is
- Strong leadership and effective management skills to direct
employees in efficient operations.
- Ability to evaluate problems, correctly focus the resources and
make efficient decisions.
- Must be able to work rotating shiftsWhy Apply?
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.As a company, we are doing what we
can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current
expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated
against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of
employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated.
Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of
vaccination.As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our
employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all
Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as
soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must
certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves
the right to require proof of vaccination.Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition
or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do
not email your application materials to this email address.
Application materials sent to this email address will not be
considered.Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status,
disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity),
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The following links provide information regarding your Equal
Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO
is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency. We are a drug-free
workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs, Middletown , Operations Supervisor, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!