General Manager - Full Time
Company: Planet Fitness - Midwest Management Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The General Manager will lead and support a team dedicated to
delivering an excellent experience and revenue growth
simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to every level of
the gym's overall success. This involves overseeing the entire
operation of the club with the focus on providing a superior
customer experience, establishing relationships within the
community, developing a full staff all while staying within the
operational budget set for the club. The General Manager is
responsible for achieving targeted results in the areas of
financial sustainability, customer satisfaction, revenue/sales
performance, and financial returns. They will be accountable for
the successful management, administration, and daily operations of
the gym. We are looking for a leader who is results-oriented and
committed to quality service.
The function of the General Manager (GM) position is to manage
and control the day to day operations of the club according to set
policies and procedures and business practices.
The position reports directly to the executive in charge of club
operations and / or the Regional Manager.
All front desk, customer service, maintenance and fitness
training personnel assigned to the respective club report directly
to the General Manager.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Effectively recruit, lead, manage, communicate, train and
develop an entire staff including Assistant Manager, Front Desk
employees, and Fitness Instructors.
- Provide support to the staff so they can achieve growth in
while also providing them the opportunity to develop their
- Ensure that all issues within the club and on-line, involving
both employees and members, are addressed in an appropriate,
respectful and timely manner.
- Promote a superior customer experience within the club
- Complete annual Management appraisals.
- Actively promote the Planet Fitness brand within local
- To grow the business in regards to sales profit, and to
motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
- Ensure accurate and timely daily deposits.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of staff to meet or
exceed revenue goals.
- Monitor inventory in the club, ensuring there are adequate
- Monitor and oversee employee payroll and scheduling ensuring
the club is adequately staffed at all times.
- Responsible for Brand Excellence Review coordination and
- Responsible for completing monthly self-inspections.
- Ensure the accuracy of club documentation.
- To undertake all mandatory training as required by PFMW and
participate in appropriate in-service training when required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information acquired at
- Manage all team members to ensure strong communication with the
goal of developing effective working relationships and provide
regular feedback to assist with motivation, performance management
and continued support.
- Responsible for being up to date with current company policies
and procedures and adhere to them.
- To undertake any additionally duties or assignments within the
overall scope of this position
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Two years Supervisor or Manager experience in a restaurant or
retail environment in a high-volume atmosphere or two years Planet
Fitness experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word,
- A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required
- A Bachelors Degree or four years supervisor or manager
- Must be CPR/AED certified
- Ability to travel to other clubs as needed
Planet Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The job requirements list is not a complete description
of responsibilities, but the list reflects the general
qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform
this position. The Company reserves the right to revise the job
description when circumstances are necessary.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the
Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ
neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for
franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved
authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for
franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for
ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness - Midwest Management Group, Middletown , General Manager - Full Time, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!