Company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for an
Operations Supervisor at our Middletown facility. The Operations
Supervisor coordinates the Safety and Quality activities and
oversees production of a production line in accordance with safety,
material quality and production standards. The ideal candidate will
be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with
- This position supervises approximately fifteen (15) hourly
bargaining unit personnel per turn and instructs these personnel in
job requirements and enforces conformance with both company and
- Responsible for administering daily toolbox and monthly safety
meetings for the hourly incumbents.
- Makes decisions which affect internal loss, retreats, internal
and external customer quality, production and yield.
- Resolves problems created by breakdowns, schedule changes,
metallurgical procedure changes, etc.
- Makes decisions regarding the allocation of resources necessary
to solve a given production problem.
- Counsels and evaluates the work performance of the hourly
bargaining unit personnel.
- Controls on-turn operation by coordinating the activities of
the hourly bargaining unit.
- Advises Manager of safety, quality, housekeeping and production
problems. Resolves problems from knowledge gained and coordinate
with the Department Manager.
- Collaborates with Operating Personnel, Maintenance,
Manufacturing Planning and Staff Departments to assure the
- Compiles turn reports measuring operating production, delays in
production, hours worked by employees and employee
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Additional education is
- At least 3 years of previous supervisory experience is
- Strong leadership and effective management skills to direct
employees in efficient operations.
- Ability to evaluate problems, correctly focus the resources and
make efficient decisions.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or
protected veteran status. The following links provide information
regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections:
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free
workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., Middletown , Operations Supervisor, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!