Company: PAC Worldwide
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Quality Manager supervises and manages all the activities of
the QA Department to ensure a quality product on time, every time.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the planning, development,
implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the overall quality
program policies and procedures as they relate to ISO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate ISO improvement programs designed to ensure
that PAC Worldwide is providing a quality product and service every
time, on time.
- Update and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Develops and implements quality metrics to measure the
performance of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Personnel Staff, develop, train, motivate discipline, and
review all QA staff. Responsible for all documentation related to
staff. Utilizes team approach and involvement effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external communication
- Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to
establish proposed quality and reliability standards of finished
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives in
agreement with corporate policies and goals.
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures to
ensure customers expectation of reliability and quality are
- Interprets and instills quality assurance philosophy to key
personnel in organization and builds quality culture within the
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in
cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and
- Ensures operator inspection activities are carried out.
Develops and implement random sampling procedures and
- Analyzes KPI variables to diagnose chronic problems that result
in poor quality, customer complaints and rejections of finished
product. Provides corrective actions to eliminate chronic quality
non-conformities or customer complaints.
- Monitors technical, product and process developments and serves
as a company technical representative to relevant trade association
committees. Ensures that the facility management group is updated
with regard to product development changes and technological
- Responsible for specification and evaluation of all incoming
raw materials. Ensure that all testing instruments are setup and
- Responsible for the Quality Management Systems (i.e. technical
standards and test procedures) are in place to produce and evaluate
- Administers the companys corrective and preventative action
- Ensures that all finished products meet or exceed customer
requirements and that all non-compliant material is diagnosed and
- Responsible for ensuring departmental employees are trained and
available to safely support the production department through
testing, evaluation and processing of raw materials and finished
- Ensures all new employees are trained relative to their Quality
- Assists Sales with all aspects of customer technical service,
including product development (R&D), product specification
issues and development of new customers/opportunities.
- Responsible for the Customer Complaint Resolution process.
Ensures timely resolution of customer complaints and/or
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the
fundamental principles associated with the Quality Management
- Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of
employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to
analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Organization Maintain QA lab, offices, retained samples and QA
hold areas in a clean and organized state.
- Establishes work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and
conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of
- Reviews and maintains records for accuracy of information and
compliance with established procedures.
- Purchases various QA supplies, continuously negotiates most
- Participates effectively in team initiatives either as a leader
or as a supporter.
- Budgets and plans for fiscal accounting year.
- Additional responsibilities include providing informational
support to all members of internal management team and working
effectively to provide support to corporate team members and other
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelors degree
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Engineer/Manager in a
manufacturing environment required.
- 2+ years of leadership experience with 5+ employees
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 9001 required.
- Direct hands-on QA experience with a comprehension of QA
concepts; direct hands-on QA experience in the protective packaging
and converting industry preferred.
- Six-Sigma and TQM administration and application knowledge
- Must have ability to read, write and understand English and
speak effectively before groups
- Must be able to understand reports and correspondence
- The position must be capable of performing all types of
business related mathematics.
- Advanced reasoning skills with the ability to deal with
problems involving several variables in multiple types of
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a
strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and be
willing to complete additional training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Ohio drivers license, required, field related
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time, must
be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to bend or stoop as necessary
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The environment is consistent with a manufacturing and office
atmosphere. Heating is provided in the winter and basic cooling in
the summer. Work may be required to be performed in other
- Moderate noise level.
Its an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
With the rise in e-commerce, its a great time to be in the
essential industry of flexible packaging! Our packaging is used in
the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork,
medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. PAC Worldwide
is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good,
stable jobs in safe environments.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values,
we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now
have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles,
as well as opportunities to share in PACs growth. We invite you to
Keywords: PAC Worldwide, Middletown , Quality Manager, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!