Operations Supervisor - Steelmaking
Company: Cleveland Cliffs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a
Operations Supervisor Steelmaking at our Middletown
facility. The Operations Supervisor Steelmaking will use
complex chemistry, alloys and advanced technology to make the
highest quality steel, while supervising hourly production
employees and daily operations of the Melt Shop. The ideal
candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work
environment with complex operations.
- Directly manages all raw material consumptions required for the
production of steel in the most cost effective manner which
include: iron, scrap materials, non-metallics and bulk addition
- Oversees and coordinates vessel maintenance work being
performed while maintaining steel production requirements for the
- Resolves problems associated with the equipment at the
- Coordinates with Maintenance, Technical Repair, Production
Planning, Quality and other Departments as needed.
- Must be able to perform Maintain effective and consistent work
performance, even under uncertain or unstructured conditions in the
face of stress.
- Supervises 10 hourly bargaining unit employees. Instructs
personnel in job requirements, company rules and practices.
Oversees the adherence to established company rules and practices
with regard to employee attendance, performance, training, safety
and any other required areas.
- Holds daily toolbox meetings and monthly safety meeting.
Conduct inspections, review and revise JSHAs and QSOPs and inform
employees on these changes. Observe and document safety and quality
performance of employees, investigate and report on all
accidents/incidents. Monitor department assigned safety area and
report on equipment and issues that need repair or replacement.
Submits a monthly Safety/ Housekeeping report.
- Inform incoming turns and upper management of any problems that
were encountered or are ongoing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Additional education is
- Previous Steelmaking/Melting and or Forging experience is
- Previous supervisory experience in an Industrial setting
- Strong leadership and effective management skills to direct
employees in efficient operations. Must be able to make operational
decisions without guidance from others.
- Understanding of maintenance procedures and operating
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or
protected veteran status. The following links provide information
regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections:
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free
workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of
Keywords: Cleveland Cliffs, Middletown , Operations Supervisor - Steelmaking, Other , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!