NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York,
New York Senior Quantitative Analyst - Model Developer At Capital
One data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we
disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing
every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the
relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward
a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data
has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the
world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Quantitative Analyst at Capital One, you’ll be part of a
team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new
scale, using the latest in cloud computing and machine learning
technologies and operating across billions of customer records to
unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money,
time and agony in their financial lives.
Capital One's Commercial Bank contains an approximately $100B
(exposure) loan portfolio that has grown by virtue of several
acquisitions. It is a Commercial Portfolio of C&I, CRE,
Construction, and various specialty lending. As one of its top
initiatives, the bank is building and revising its full suite of
loss forecasting model for a series of critical processes, such as
CCAR and CECL.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Partner with the various lines of business to enhance modeling
and analytical framework.
- Work across Capital One entities to create novel analytical
solutions to the challenging business problems.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods and
automation solutions to improve business performance and process
- Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary team to build cloud-based
solutions grounded in data.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods or
machine learning to improve business performance.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in
all markets. Our modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect,
excellence and innovation.
Successful candidates would possess:
- Strong understanding of quantitative analysis methods in
relation to financial institutions.
- Demonstrated track-record in machine learning and econometric
- Experience utilizing model estimation tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate modeling results to a wide
range of audiences.
- Drive to develop and maintain high quality and transparent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years of experience in Quantitative
Analytics or Data Analytics.
- At least 1 year of experience in data analytics, financial
modeling or econometric modeling (can include Graduate School
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics,
Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance,
Physics or related discipline.
- 1 year of experience with Python, R or other statistical
- 2 years of experience with data analysis
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant
for employment authorization for this position.