Specialist, Software Engineering - Embedded Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description: Specialist, Software Engineering
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio,
designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic,
avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and
electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial
markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical
technologies that enable systems to support surveillance,
reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our
world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars
Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite
Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion
for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope
to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable
mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an
alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a
talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are currently seeking a Specialist, Embedded Software Engineer
with experience writing embedded software. This individual will
have the opportunity to work on cutting edge Infrared Product lines
and world-class Space Avionics systems. This role will be
responsible for a variety of software tasks throughout the full
lifecycle for designing, coding, documenting, and testing embedded
systems. General knowledge of hardware and communication protocols
is a must.
- Experience using C and/or C++ to develop embedded
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Developing software for embedded systems.
- Debugging and testing embedded software.
- Code optimization and efficiency.
- Experience working with Communication Protocols such as
Ethernet, RS232/422, 1553, SPI, etc.
- Documentation and version control.
- Basic knowledge of circuits, schematics, and hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills in embedded systems.
- Collaborating with hardware engineers.
- Safety and security considerations.
- Continuous learning and staying updated.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
- Minimum of BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science or similar and a minimum of 2 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of
prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using software version control tools.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience working with other programming languages such as C#,
MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Experience in the Defense, Space, Aerospace, or similar
- Experience using electronic test equipment such as
oscilloscopes, DMMs, and basic lab equipment.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Development
- Soft skills (I.E. Proficient in MS Office, Strong
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Middletown , Specialist, Software Engineering - Embedded Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Goshen, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!