Field Service Supervisor - Transportation
Company: Clean Earth
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Company DescriptionClean Earth, now a part of Harsco, is a
global leader in environmental solutions recognized by Newsweek as
one of America's Most Responsible Companies 2021. You will be
joining a team ofprofessionals dedicated to supporting our
employees, their families, and our customers in making ours a
cleaner, greener Earth.Our Core Values are the foundation of the
organization. We take pride in our values each and every day. We
collaborate as ateam and deliver the best customer service to our
customers. It's who we are!Harsco Core Values
- Integrity:We demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to
- Satisfy the Customer:We are engaged in the relentless pursuit
of customer satisfaction by listening to the customers' needs, and
consistently delivering value that exceeds their expectations.
- Inclusion:We strive to create an environment where all people
- Employee Care: We are committed to a safe, appealing work
environment, market-competitive benefit programs and investment in
- Respect: We respect all individuals and values their
- Passion for Winning:We are passionate about winning through
creating exceptional value for our employees, customers and
shareholders.Clean Earth offers multiple benefit, engagement and
development opportunities such asthe following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness, Discount and Employee AssistancePrograms
- Community Outreach Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Driver Training Program
- And much more!Our team at Clean Earth is continually growing.
That's because we follow a strong plan for financial, sustainable
growth that supports not only the growth of our company, but also
the growth of our team members, and our vision.Discover the
possibilities of your future at Clean Earth!Job DescriptionIn the
role as Field Services Supervisor, you will oversee the
transportation department, supervise on-site and remote team
members including CDL A & CDLB drivers. This role will act as the
liaison between our operations, customer service and support
teams.Essential Job Duties
- Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate
inventories are always maintained Manage route vehicles,
containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, and printers, and
all other company equipment and assets
- Manage route scheduling to ensure all scheduled customers will
be serviced by end of day. Monitor routes to improve route
efficiency. Redirect manpower and resources as required, in order
to service customers on routes that may have operational
difficulties (i.e., vehicle breakdown, vehicle accident, or
completely full truck).
- Manage driver debrief process for every route. Ensure there is
documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc.) for every customer
transaction. Update route comments as required.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service as measured by key
metrics (on-time, no missed stops, loyalty, etc.).
- Manage customer interaction records, and open order reports to
resolve service issues.
- Monitor department work productivity, reports on trends, and
recommends and implements changes to continually improve work
- Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and
all employees are working efficiently. Recommend salary
adjustments, promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff:
Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a
qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establish and communicate performance standards and objectives,
and conduct performance appraisals.
- Coach employees on educational and job opportunities, to
enhance career development and keep them informed of current
problems, changes, and new developments in the department and the
company by conducting team meetings.
- Perform "ride a-longs", ensuring CSRs operate and work safely,
efficiently, productively, and deliver a high level of customer
service. Conduct "spot checks" to re-enforce proper CSR behavior as
well as communicate the value we bring to the customer.
- Perform pre-employment screening activities, new CSR
orientation, reviews of CSRs and monthly safety meetings.
- Administer Company policies and procedures, communicate to
staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and
- Monitor and ensure that employees are performing their
functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes
or improvements in order to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings (i.e. monthly
Safety, Committee, tailgate meetings).
- Track and input DOT hours/JJ Keller, Oversee and participate in
the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and
Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment. Ensure DQF,
DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid and current CDL B license
- 3+ years of experience driving with CDL B license
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience using an integrated fleet, driver and compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft OfficePreferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experiencein hazardous waste industry
- Valid CDLB License
- In depth knowledge of DOT regulations
- Experience with JJ Keller software and hazardous waste
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers
and/or coworkers, manage several tasks at once and meet
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and
access informationAdditional InformationClean Earth offers
competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and
disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment;
paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program,
tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.We provide
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender
identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.If you have a difficulty
applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth's website because
a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth
offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll
free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and
state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate
method of applying and will consider your application together with
all other applications received for the job.This line is dedicated
to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a
Keywords: Clean Earth, Middletown , Field Service Supervisor - Transportation, IT / Software / Systems , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!