Senior HR Representative
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Senior
HR Representative at our Middletown location. The Senior HR
Representative provides leadership, direction and coordination in
the planning and implementation of all human resources activities
at Middletown.Summary of Responsibilities:
- Implements all employee and policy objectives and programs in
coordination with the corporate Human Resource Manager responsible
for the function (e.g., hiring policies and procedures,
compensation, and employee development).
- Direct and coordinate the entire hiring process including
determining department needs, recruiting, interviewing, and
selecting new employees, recording all new employee characteristics
for governmental reporting purposes. Administer Talent Management
- Ensure that Middletown Works is in compliance with all state
and federal employment laws including Equal Employment Opportunity
and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive
attitudes toward company goals.
- Communicate with employees/retirees to develop and maintain a
positive relationship, answer their questions, and work to resolve
employment-related problems they may encounter during their
employment/retirement. Communicates new human resource
- Develop and maintain accurate position profiles (job
descriptions and qualification requirements) for all salaried
- Implement/administer employee performance appraisals and
counsels employees on career development.
- Develop and conduct employee training in supervisory skills,
quality, safety, work policies and procedures, or any other topic
requested by management.
- Advise management on all human resources issues, and offer
suggestions for policy changes that will be cost effective and will
promote positive employee attitudes and increase productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations,
Business Administration or equivalent.
- 8-10 years experience in human resources, preferably in
manufacturing; supervisory experience desirable
- Demonstrated writing and strong verbal communications
- Demonstrated mastery of analytical, strategic and creative
- Highly developed risk management skills to identify and
mitigate various forms of risk through appropriate risk management
- Ability to lead through influence and persuade to action across
diverse and competitive stakeholders.
- Ability to translate complex data into meaningful information
and communicate this to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in driving execution at a senior level
in a corporate environment.
- Proven track record in hiring, coaching and developing
- PHR or SPHR certificationCleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest
flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer
in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined
raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary
steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and
tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including
top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance,
retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!As a
company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe
and healthy. It is the current expectation that all
Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as
soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must
certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves
the right to require proof of vaccination.Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition
or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do
not email your application materials to this email address.
Application materials sent to this email address will not be
considered.Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct
pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs, Middletown , Senior HR Representative, Human Resources , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!