Company: Spring Hills Middletown
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Spring Hills Middletown - -
Provides a high quality meal at all times to residents, guests, and
staff. Participates in all aspects of food production. The cook
reports to the Chef De Cuisine or Director of Dining
- Preps and serves meals.
- Receives, rotates, and maintains inventory of
- Keeps compliance with all record keeping.
- Maintains proper food temperatures
- Prepares food in accordance with menus, diet specifications,
ensuring all special dietary needs are met and prepares texture
modified food as directed, and resident preferences.
- Follows a menu to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry,
gravies, soups, vegetables and other foods according to proper
- Ensures compliance with state, local, and regulatory
- Participates in ensuring kitchen is clean, sanitized, and
organized at all times.
Non Essential Functions:
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the
supervisor or management.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, the
achievement of safe working practices, and by practicing proper
infection control measures.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward
residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills,
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining all daily documentation requirements.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Time Sharing - The ability to shift back and forth between two
or more activities or sources of information (such as speech,
sounds, touch, or other sources).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your
hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp,
manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
Experience And Education:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
Certificate); 1 plus years experience, or an equivalent of
education and experience; culinary degree a plus. May be required
to obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food
handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates
Time spent in physical exertion: Standing (over 2/3), walking (over
2/3), sitting (under 1/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel
(over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance
(1/3), stoop, kneel, crawl (1/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or
smell over (over 2/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3-2/3), Up to 25
pounds (1/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3); up to 100 pounds (under
Keywords: Spring Hills Middletown, Middletown , Line/Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...