Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - PRN
Posted on: September 28, 2018
Overview Symbria has opportunities for Speech Language Pathologist's (SLP) to join our Rehab Team on a PRN/Per Diem basis serving the Otterbein SeniorLife Continuing Care Retirement Communities/Skilled Nursing Facilities(CCRC/SNF) from Cincinnati, OH to Dayton, OH. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings. As a Speech Language Pathologist(SLP), you will be responsible for patient evaluations and effective administration of treatment programs, develop and implement clinical and educational components of the Speech-Language Pathology Program along with actively participate on the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical records to determine speech-language therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using approved speech-language/swallow evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment program based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed speech therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate speech therapy services and information presented at the interdisciplinary team conference with physical therapy, occupational therapy and the nursing department.
- Assist in formulating of policies and operating procedures necessary for the effective operation of the speech program in conjunction with other programs in the community.
- Develop program goals and assess the need for clinical equipment and supplies, and participate in budget planning and preparation as described by the community.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management and documentation of the patient/client program according to ASHA Standards of Care.
- Monitor productivity and speech language staffing needs.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards. Work Schedule
- PRN/Per Diem
- Locations: Middletown, OH, Lebanon, OH, Loveland, OH, Centerville, OH, Batavia, OH, Mainville, OH Qualifications
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school, and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) preferred.
- Understanding of communication disorders resulting from neurological impairments.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service. Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement. EOE
Keywords: Symbria, Middletown , Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - PRN, Healthcare , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!