Respiratory Therapist (RT/CRT)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
*Lincare* is looking to add to our ever-expanding staff of
competent healthcare professionals. Duties will include setting up
and operating devices such as CPAP / Bipap setups, Non-Invasive
Ventilator set up, Nebulizer set up, Oxygen Concentrators, and
mechanical ventilators, providing emergency care and maintaining
charts that contain patient identification and therapy information.
A degree in respiratory therapy from an accredited program or
college license are required for consideration. Strong knowledge of
pulmonary function and pulmonary rehabilitation and experience with
respiratory equipment are a plus, however a willingness to learn is
the key to success. You will provide comfort to families and
patients by ensuring they are educated on how to manage the
equipment and care of the patient. You will follow up with care
checks on previous patients. This employee provides support to
patients outside the hospital. This role will work closely with
referring physicians, hospital personnel, and other clinicians to
ensure the best professional care of the patient.
*Responsibilities: ** Monitoring patient physiological responses to
therapy such as arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood
chemistry, and lung function changes, and consulting with
physicians if there are adverse reactions.
* Working as part of a team of health care professionals to manage
* Setting up and operating devices including therapeutic gas
administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental
control systems, and aerosol generators.
* Following specified parameters of treatment.
* Inspecting, testing, cleaning, and maintaining respiratory
therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and
* Maintaining charts that contain patient identification and
* Performs complete and professional patient assessments in
accordance with Lincare policies and procedures
* Maintains current knowledge of respiratory homecare techniques
and relevant respiratory therapy concepts
* Measuring arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung
capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient
* Ensures all documentation is appropriately completed and legible.
And completes all appropriate initial and follow up documents in a
* Telephone support to clients as it pertains to ventilation and
sleep therapy use and troubleshooting.
* Relaying blood analysis results to a physician.
* Making emergency visits to resolve equipment problems when
* Ordering equipment repairs when necessary.
* Explaining health care treatment procedures to patients to gain
* Checking pulmonary function in patients.
* Follows applicable policies and procedures of the Safety &
Regulatory Manual regarding General Safety, OSHA (includes the
proper use of Personal Protective Equipment), DOT (driving safety),
FDA and Emergency Planning *Requirements: ** Current license as
mandated per state of practice.
* Respiratory care, emergency care, and intensive care
* Must possess a valid and current driver license and auto
* Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross.
* Have a great rapport with people. Be the person you want caring
for your family.
* Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, sincerity, and patience when
dealing with patients, staff and caregivers
* Strong knowledge of pulmonary function and pulmonary
* Must have reliable transportation to commute between the office
and patient's homes. Gas mileage reimbursement is provided monthly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: Lincare, Middletown , Respiratory Therapist (RT/CRT), Healthcare , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!