RN - Liberty Birthing Center
Company: Christ Hospital
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Flex - Part Time
BIRTHING CENTER - LIBERTY
6939 COX RD
Title: Registered Nurse - Liberty Birthing Center
Shift: Part Time, Varies
Unit description: The Liberty Birthing Center is a 9 bed LDRP with
a 4 private bed level ll special care nursery. It is also equipped
with 2 ORs on the unit that includes a viewing room for the family
who is anxiously awaiting the new arrival. This is a newly built
building with an emphasis on the natural process of the birthing
experience. This unit has several amenities to offer patients and
has a strong emphasis on patient satisfaction. This unit has put
safety measures in place that include a 24 hour laborist and a 24
hour NNP in house.
Job Overview: The practice of nursing requires specialized
knowledge, judgment, and skills to provide care to groups and
individuals. The RN utilizes knowledge derived from the principles
of biological, Job Overview: The practice of nursing requires
specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills to provide care to
groups and individuals. The RN utilizes knowledge derived from the
principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, and nursing
sciences to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care. All
care is provided based on the concepts inherent in the model of
care for TCH which promotes an on-going partnership between
patients and families and the team of healthcare providers. The
care is culturally based and age specific. The RN adheres to
American Nursing Association (ANA) code of ethics and to the scope
of practice described in the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
The RN may perform the following duties:
Assessment - Demonstrates the nursing skills to complete a holistic
assessment of the patient's physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and
education needs utilizing The Christ Hospital Professional Practice
* Understands signs and symptoms and data related to the patient's
presenting needs and actual or potential nursing diagnosis.
* Recognizes and appropriately reports to the physician and charge
RN pertinent abnormal data and changes in the patient's
* Utilizes appropriate handoff methods to collaborate with other
healthcare team members to communicate pertinent data regarding
patient's physiological and psychological data.
* Assesses patient, family, and environment for safety risks,
proactively seeks out and performs safety initiatives.
Diagnosis and Planning - Utilizes collected data to establish and
prioritize a list of actual, and potential, individualized patient
problems and needs.
* Prepares, coordinates, and revises multidisciplinary plan of care
in collaboration with the patient and family to be supportive of
the TCH model of care/Patient and Family Centered care. For each
problem a measurable goal is set.
* Communicates the plan of care utilizing SBAR and handoff
processes with all team members.
* Establish priorities of care, discusses plan of care during shift
report, and participates in care conferences.
* Initiates discharge planning upon admission, makes appropriate
referrals consistent with the anticipated length of stay.
Implementation - The method of providing evidence based, quality
care is based on assessed needs and standards of care while
adhering to hospital policy and procedures to achieve set
* Performs and delegates nursing actions based on appropriate
orders demonstrates critical thinking and accountability for
* Provides ongoing, individualized holistic patient and family
education based on needs and plan of care in collaboration with the
* Demonstrates critical thinking upon review of physician orders,
making appropriate referrals, & contacts other health team
* Responds to emergency situations that require an immediate,
controlled precision in a skillful manner.
* Implements measures to prevent contamination and/or transmission
of disease to include the use of appropriate protective devices and
equipment to prevent injury and maintain a safe environment.
Evaluation - Continuously evaluates nursing practice related to the
plan of care in relation to the standards of care established
through evidence-based literature and standards established by
professional organization that have been built into order sets in
the electronic medical record, the individual plan of care, and
patient outcomes and goals.
* Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care interventions, adjusts or
continues with plan of care based on patient and family
* Maintains continuity of care by continuous evaluation during
"handoff" report, rounding, and upon transfers to other specialty
units and post care facilities.
Documentation - Nursing process is accurately and concisely
documented in the patient's electronic medical record reflecting
the plan of care as implemented by the patient, family, and
* Documents information in a timely manner, according to hospital
policy, to include the plan of care, accurate updates, teaching and
the patients' and family response to care.
Leadership and Professional Development - Demonstrates leadership
skills such as the ability to motivate, educate, delegate, and
mentor peers and other members of the healthcare team while
effectively managing the care of patients and family members.
* Assumes responsibility and accountability for professional growth
and development. Contributes to the professional development of
peers, colleagues, and others.
* Participates in 75% of staff meetings and 75% of council meetings
* Participates in unit based activities/initiatives for performance
improvement, evidence based projects, and research as needed.
* Participates in council activities and task forces to improve
competencies of self, co-workers, and staff members related to
* Supports self and peers in professional growth and development
utilizing resources and opportunities within and outside of The
* Participates in self and peer review activities to include the
positive recognition of peers and staff on a regular basis.
* Acts as a resource, educator and preceptor for multidisciplinary
team members, staff and nursing students, continuously evaluating
and documenting competency. .
* Maintains competency in POC (point of care) testing for unit
specific nursing practice.
* The following are strongly encouraged:
* Participation in the professional advancement program.
* Certification specific to work area of professional practice when
* Participation in chosen professional organizations and
* Participation in development and maintenance of research
* Participation in community service activities.
* Complies with organization and department policies and required
* Completes all educational requirements to maintain competency
related to specific population of patient and/or regulatory
agencies (HealthStream education 100% on-time completion and
attendance for annual education day).
* Submits required tests and paperwork in a timely manner without
* Follows the time and attendance policy; reports to work on time,
maintains a good attendance record, has badge and uses it to clock
in and out, makes requests for tie off as far in advance as
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* The Christ Hospital Health Network does hire AD and Diploma
* All nurses must obtain their BSN within 5 years of the date of
* A MSN or DNP are not required but supersede the requirement for
Experience: None required.
Licensure and Certifications: The RN holds a current licensure to
practice nursing in Ohio. Membership in professional organizations
is desirable. BLS certification is required prior to patient
contact. NRP required. NRP certification course offered upon hire.
Certification in area of clinical specialty is required within five
years of hire.
Required Skills and Knowledge: The RN demonstrates the knowledge,
abilities, and skills to provide age and culturally specific
patient care and education. The RN effectively communicates with
peers, utilizes appropriate channels of communication and maintains
absolute confidentiality. The RN maintains competence and
demonstrates evidence of continuing professional growth. The RN
demonstrates the ability to accept and implement change and the
ability to work in a culturally diverse setting.
Keywords: Christ Hospital, Middletown , RN - Liberty Birthing Center, Healthcare , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!