State Tested Nurse Aide
Company: Arcadia Home Care and Staffing
Posted on: January 11, 2020
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals
of quality home care and deliver life-changing service to your
clients. As an Arcadia Home Care State Tested Nurse Assistant,
you'll play a vital role in supporting seniors and people with
disabilities living independently. This rewarding position provides
consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs,
while providing a great career with a growing, innovative industry
If you have a genuine passion for helping others, and you are
looking for a meaningful, fulfilling career with a dynamic,
values-driven organization that recognizes and supports your
contribution, we invite you to join our team.
* Record pertinent information pertaining to the client's care.
* Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
* Plan and prepare meals according to specific dietary requirements
of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
* Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a
* Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral
hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
* Assist with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
* Assist with routine bodily functions such as assisting clients
* Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light
housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming,
cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and
* Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including
reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or
* Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
* Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other
* Take client's vital signs and recording input and output.
* Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency
Director or Service Coordinator.
* Accurately prepare daily records and submitting them to the
office by date due .
* Participates in in-service education programs.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to
access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is
flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
* A Home Health Aide must have a minimum of one year of personal
care experience which is verifiable through three work references,
and must complete this agency's employment and competency
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Completion of high school or GED certification
* Six months training as a Certified Nurse Aide and complete a
* Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior and understand the need
for patient confidentiality
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the
Administrator any changes in client's condition
* Must have available reliable transportation to and from
assignments. May be approved to transport client or run errands in
* Must maintain current credentials, including CPR, First Aide, TB
Test, Physical, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and attend required
in-services or other requirements as mandated by the state or
Addus (parent company of Arcadia) provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Arcadia Home Care and Staffing, Middletown , State Tested Nurse Aide, Healthcare , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!