RN Case Manager - Home Care
Posted on: June 21, 2022
OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting
bodies.Full-TimeLevel: MidTravel: NoSuccessProfileWho is the ideal
Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who
are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere,
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health CoverageJob Requirements**We have several
-opportunities available in NW Ohio and SE Michigan**** $10,000
Sign on Bonus***Candidates must be external -and have at least 6
months of Registered Nurse experience -to be eligible for the
Sign-on Bonus.* - Must be FT.Per diem, part-time and weekend
positions may also be available. - Not bonus eligible.Responsible
to the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator
to provide nursing care and case -management to patients and
families. Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the
patient/family -interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises
personnel to deliver care and coordinates care delivery. -General
- Manages a patient and family caseload which includes assessing,
planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care
- Plans, coordinates and delivers nursing care to patients and
- Supervises and documents home health aide/licensed practical
nurse plans of care and documents supervisory visits.
- Participates in on-call coverage.
- Submits paperwork in a timely manner and updates and maintains
patient medical records.
- Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team
meetings to coordinate the care of the patient and family, exchange
information and problem solve, and receive staff support and
- Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules
and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other
certifying agencies in providing care.
- Coordinates and develops patient/family plan of care and
ensures the care plan is current, up to date and reviewed at every
- Assesses & evaluates patients level of care, needs and
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance
improvement (QAPI) programs.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources and educating the community to
- Assesses the patient's response to the Plan of Care and
recommends changes as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Provides education to the patient/family regarding the disease
process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing
procedures and community resources for discharge planning
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient's needs
including Outcome and Assessment Set (OASIS) at appropriate time
- Evaluating Outcomes of Care.
- Provide counseling to patient/family regarding disease process,
end of life and ethical issues.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional
- Participates in community programs and committees, as
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals
providing services to the patient according to regulatory
- Monitors that documentation from LPN/LVN, home health aides are
- Participates in in-service programs
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient's
needs at admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care on an on-going basis.
Communicates information using current process -and technology
available to the organization
- Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to
assignment; assists and encourages employees in developing their
skills and self-confidence.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Prepares clinical progress notes that demonstrate
progress towards goals. Coordinates patient/family services and
prioritization of needs with members of the interdisciplinary team.
Uses case management approach and refers to other services as
needed. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient's needs and outcomes of intervention. Determines scope and
frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.Education
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and
in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
- Ability to manage patient care with specific knowledge and
experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis
intervention and family intervention.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the patient and
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within
the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of
Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience
requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT
patients must have 2 years experience as an RN.
- Physical Demands
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying
of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking,
hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling,
depth perception, color vision, driving -Travel
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%. -Working Conditions
- Patient's home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients. -
-ProMedica -is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated
healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves
communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and
ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and
post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more
than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced
practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers
employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400
assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation
centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation
clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its
Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been
nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to
address social determinants of health. For more information about
ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus. - -Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height,
weight, familial or marital status, or genetics. -Equal Opportunity
Keywords: ProMedica, Middletown , RN Case Manager - Home Care, Executive , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!