MANUFACTURING / PROCESS ENGINEER
Company: Hi-Tek Manufacturing Inc
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Hi-Tek Manufacturing is searching for an experienced
Manufacturer Engineer who wishes to advance his or her career in
advanced manufacturing technology by creating solutions,
streamlining setup procedures, best-practices for tooling
integration while working in a team environment. Hi-Tek offers
competitive wages and a full benefit package which includes
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term
disability, 9 paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, 401K plan
with company match, HSA & Flex Spending programs, supplemental
health plans, and more! Hi-Tek offers a clean, climate-controlled
environment and we believe in quality and safety above all else.
Shift: Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm Salary/Exempt position Hi-Tek
Manufacturing has been in business for over 40 years and operates a
state-of-the-art 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. Based in
northern Cincinnati, they focus on customer service and quality
standards, and have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing
services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries, servicing
all the major turbine engine OEMs. Hi-Tek sets the industry
standard by providing highly engineered, complex component
manufacturing and assembly utilizing state of the art machinery and
processes. Hi-Tek is a Drug-Free Workplace and conducts
pre-employment drug and background screening and random drug
screening. Essential Duties and Tasks: The Manufacturing Engineer
provides hands on support on the manufacturing floor to develop new
processes, improve existing processes, train and mentor machine
operators and machinists and find solutions to manufacturing
- Assist production control in routing and re-routing legacy
components to ensure deliveries are met, which may include
designing different manufacturing methods or utilizing different
- Performs tooling layouts and concepts, including datum
structures on intended machines.
- Assist in identifying or auditing root causes and corrective
action of nonconforming parts.
- Investigate and participate directly in Material Review Board
- Devise and implement continuous improvement ideas on all
- Complete quotes on projects that may require any or all the
processing disciplines at Hi-Tek and the normal o/v items (i.e.,
shot peen, coating, brazing, etc.)
- Setup and operate machines or processes required to process
jobs per drawings and specs.
- Complete projects that consistently meet or exceed cost,
schedule, quality, and customer specification requirements.
- Read and understand the blueprints and drawings of customer
parts within the ME responsibility.
- Complete 1st article data to assure process or operation ready
to release to the operator. Train operator as required by
- Documents and establishes standards to incorporate engineering
changes and improvements.
- Provide training resources and training instructions of set up
procedures and machining processes for machinist.
- Participate in ongoing conversations with engineers,
supervisors, and machinist to resolve any issues related to
processes, quality, part completion, and customer satisfaction to
aid in continuous improvement to eliminate operating problems,
increase productivity, and improve product quality.
- Participate in the conception and design of complex
- Assists Quality Department in identifying and correcting
programming issues that lead to non-conformances.
- Provides time studies, router, and job cost review to ensure
standards are up to date and in line.
- Create and or maintain documentation of all types as
- Follow work instructions, procedures, safety, and company
policies as given.Education and Experience:
- Technical degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Technology,
Engineering, or related field or 5 years relevant work
- Practical experience using CAD/CAM, Siemens NX or SolidWorks
software knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities.
- Desire to develop automation for various machine tools and part
- Prior experience with complex shapes and their work holding
- Prior experience with super alloy metals preferred.Key
- Perform under AS9100 standards.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishment.
- Prioritize tasks. Able to plan, organize, and monitor work of
self and others working autonomously and self-direct.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers and/or employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Physical Conditions:
- Will climb stairs multiple times per day.
- Will sit, stand, or walk distances for up to the entire
duration of shift.
- Will lift, push, or pull 35 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Routinely perform reaching, twisting, bending, and grasping to
move and set tools, equipment, and material. This job description
is a guideline. Other job duties may be assigned to you, this
outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may
have other duties assigned as needed. EEO Statement: Hi-Tek is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the
importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy
of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all
job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a
driving force in the success of our company. Monday thru Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Keywords: Hi-Tek Manufacturing Inc, Middletown , MANUFACTURING / PROCESS ENGINEER, Engineering , Mason, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!