Posted on: September 18, 2023
For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and
manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car
wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and
distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground
and below ground products for both conventional, vapour recovery
and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets.
Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break
couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and
car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North
America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices
around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is
publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under 'DOV'. To
learn more about OPW's 125 years of providing industry-leading
solutions, visit our website at .
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of
over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components,
specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital
solutions, and support services through five operating segments:
Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification,
Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover
combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets
we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60
years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an
ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's
possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on
the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is
available at .
Summary Description: Utilizes a variety of tools to modify and
support a robust Quality Management System. This role will provide
support to all aspects of operations including assembly, welding,
CNC machining, electronics, and new product development.
The Quality Engineer must effectively support the following items
in order to meet all company requirements and initiatives around
Safety Quality, Deliver, and Cost: Safety, Quality Assurance, Root
Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvement, Quality Reporting,
- Works with Quality Manager to develop and implement quality
management strategies and processes related to mechanical or
- Interfaces with Engineering and Production to ensure that the
transfer of new products to Production is in accordance with
approved data, and that existing products and processes are
maintained and improved.
- Creates and supports Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods
to assure that company and regulatory standards are met.
- Prepares QA Reports and drive quality improvement in daily
- Participates in a lead role in training & development as well
as Kaizen events.
- Ensures internal quality management system (QMS) supports
compliance with ISO, TUV, AAR, ATEX & ASME certification
- Conducts quality assurance inspection and testing, evaluate
data using statistical software.
- Provides recommendations for adjustments to product design,
manufacturing processes, and quality systems based off of an
analysis of available quality data.
- Leads A3 projects for root cause analysis or quality related
- Supports management of suppliers by maintaining supplier
corrective actions, conducting supplier audits, tracking supplier
certifications, and reviewing non-conforming material for
- Designs, develops, tests, and justifies required equipment for
recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality
improvement, and efficiency improvement.
- Determines quality and reliability standards based off of
interpreted engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or
- Validates deviations from existing standards and processes as
needed to assure quality standards are met.
- Conducts root-cause analysis and disposition activities of
returned products (RMA), including maintaining a process to address
from initiation to completion all returned customer product (RMA)
in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinates with departments in organization for receipt,
root-cause analysis and disposition of RMAs as well as assembly
- Manages and reports to management on RMA's and internal Quality
- Other activities as needed. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Quality, Electronics,
Electrical, Mechanical) / Business / other applicable field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Engineering, Quality Engineering,
or related role.
- Proven ability to utilize A3 problem solving methodologies and
- This position is based in the Knappco facility in Hamilton,
- Strong data driven problem solving background, including
ability to conduct analysis, identify root causes, develop
corrective action, and verify effective closure and removal of
issues in manufacturing environments.
- ISO 9001 Standard, ISO 15000 and TS 16949 experience strongly
- Experience in PPAP methodologies is preferred
- Experience coordinating Measurement Machine (CMM) experience
and programming along with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience in PPAP methodologies.
- Experience in analyzing, implementing, and sustaining systems
and processes for continuous improvement for Electronic
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
- High level of customer focus and ability to maintain a positive
attitude at all times.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times with
customers and coworkers. Fully observe Dover's Code of Ethical
Conduct, Employee Handbook "Personal Conduct of Employees"
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Self-directed, positive and ethical role model able to work
with minimal supervision. Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment. The
employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts while
on shop floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to Sit, stand, walk, talk, write, lift, work with hands both in an
office and shop floor environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: OPW, Middletown , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Camden, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!