Company: The Manufacturers Equipment Company
Posted on: June 12, 2022
The Manufacturers Equipment Company is currently seeking a
Structural Engineer to join their team in Middletown, Ohio
Who we are:
Our Company has been around since 1910. It is family owned and has
less than 20 employees.
MECO has proudly served our customers in the brick and construction
aggregates industries for over 100 years. MECO represents numerous
lines of capital equipment that serve such industries. It provides
engineering services, construction management, and project
management to bulk material handling applications.
About the role:
A Structural Engineer completes construction projects by preparing
engineering design and documents, confirming specifications.
What you'll do:
* Calculates loading and sizes steel members for the design and
fabrication of support and access structures.
* Design concrete foundations for equipment, structures, walls,
* Designs construction projects by studying project concept,
architectural drawings, and models.
* Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports,
maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil
composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related
topographical and geologic data.
* Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and
* Prepares engineering documents by developing construction
specifications, plans, and schedules.
* Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety
standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction
site; verifying calculations and placements.
* Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding
* Provides engineering information by answering questions and
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future
legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
* Maintains project data base by writing computer programs;
entering data; completing backups.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education and experience
* Degree in Civil engineering with structural design experience
(such as allowable stress design in steel, concrete, and foundation
* Ohio PE License required
* AutoCAD experience required
* Construction management experience preferred
* Sand and Gravel/Stone quarry experience preferred
* Understanding of Belt Conveyor design preferred
Skills and abilities:
* Ability to occasionally travel overnight
* Ability to field measure equipment, structures, and concrete
* Ability to work remote part time
What We Offer:
* Health insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Long Term Care, LTD, STD, AD&D, Life
* Numerous buy up policies
* 401k, discretionary profit sharing, 3% company safe harbor
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button
Keywords: The Manufacturers Equipment Company, Middletown , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!