Commodity Manager, Pulp & Paper
Company: PAC Worldwide
Posted on: November 2, 2019
This position supports PAC by using efficient sourcing processes to
save costs and maximize profitability. The Commodity Manage, Pulp &
Paperr will assist PAC in creating strong relationships with
suppliers and maintaining the existing ones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead efforts for supplier analysis and selection process,
make/buy/outsourcing, and transitions
* Pricing management of assigned commodity and suppliers
* Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in
improved Sourcing Dept. performance, enhanced product quality and
cost of goods
* Negotiate price, quantity and delivery schedules with
* Play a lead role in the negotiation of different types of
agreements with suppliers
* Partner with production and sales to drive development and
improvement of supplier quality systems and processes
* Utilizes analytics and defined metrics to identify and organize
* Develops and negotiates supplier systems to increase use of
electronic commerce tools and decrease transactional costs
* Travel to supplier locations in order to evaluate capabilities,
assess production readiness, investigate new opportunities, improve
manufacturing and address any supply and qualities issues
* Stays abreast of current market conditions and new
* Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
* Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of products
(Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
* Must have a strong background in the paper industry.
Understanding the specifications, manufacturing and purchasing of
different types of paper.
* Good written and oral communication skills to effectively present
information to co-workers and upper management
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to independently
manage a heavy workload
* Must have the judgment and experience to identify and evaluate
cost and progress trends
* TCO understanding
* A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Education and/or Experience
* Must have 3-5 years of procurement experience
* College degree or equivalent experience required
* CPM or APICS certification is a plus
* Proven experience in sourcing processes.
* Sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Contract law experience is a plus
* Must be capable of speaking, reading, and writing English with
excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
* Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division calculations.
* Must be capable of formatting calculations with the use of
* Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use these
skills in support of manufacturing
Computer Skills Must be computer literate and efficient in the use
of Microsoft Office programs - required
* Must be capable of using ERP systems - required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations None required
* APICS preferred
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires sitting (sometimes for extended periods of time),
standing and walking in a warehouse and office environment. Must be
capable of operating standard office equipment such as a computer,
copier, mail machine, printer, fax, stapler, and other various
pieces of office equipment. Must be capable of lifting 10 lbs on an
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Employee will be working in an office and warehouse environment
in order to perform the essentials functions of the job.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: PAC Worldwide, Middletown , Commodity Manager, Pulp & Paper, Accounting, Auditing , Middletown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!